AISA has five journals:
- Journal of African Interdisciplinary Studies (JAIS),
- Journal of African Development and Interdisciplinary Studies (JADIS),
- Review of African Interdisciplinary Studies (RAIS),
- Journal of African Multidisciplinary Studies (JAMS),
- Journal of Modern African Interdisciplinary Studies (JOMAIS)
The establishment of these five peer-reviewed journals was an important initiative in AISA. The journals were preceded by conference proceedings edited by Maurice Amutabi. Other proceedings were published under Kenya Studies Review, which was then edited by Maurice Amutabi.
The journals have broad, cross-disciplinary audience of scholars, researchers, practitioners and students from various fields.